Monday, December 7, 2009

Summit Snow

It's snowing.  Not outside my beachy window- but it is snowing, somewhere- and that somewhere is very near.  I knew it was cold this morning when Chloe said with her expressive eyebrows "no, we will not get out of bed today, I will bring my bone to you".  Which she did.  Sweet, and a little gloopy, too;  not to mention against all rules and regulations set forth by Husby (who had already left for work, so I let it slide.  I'm the fun puppy parent).  Unfortunately, Miraculously Responsibly, I am up and showered and scheming about what to tackle today; granted, I'm still in my snuggle-robe, with my snuggle-slippers on, but I am clean, bright eyed, bushy tailed and freshly tattooed.  I had planned on driving over the hill to run errands, but I don't think Husby wants me to (due to said snow, and my lack of snow-driving skills)... he offered to run those with me tomorrow.  I wonder if he knows how hard he's making it for me to be productive when he just sliced my to-do list in half *and* he cleaned the kitchen yesterday?  He is forcing me to quilt and make pictures out of felt.  Little mess-piles here and there that I will forget I made until he comes home and says "what are all these mess piles? What have you been doing all day?"  I will more than likely respond "Making mess piles!  Aren't they pretty?" And show him my creations the way a child does after finger-painting most of the table and little of the paper.  He'll like them- I know he will.  I should start now, as he's getting off of work early and I want plenty of time to make our house look like a war-zone.  I wonder if we have hot chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment