Friday, December 11, 2009

Impermanence

I have enjoyed a week of creativity and brilliance.  Nothing is lasting.  Today I have fallen out of orbit and crashed back to earth.  How sad.  How fleeting any one moment can be.  There is a natural ebb and flow that occurs, whether we rage against it or are swept along by it.  Impermanence.  To sit in any given moment and experience it for what it is and what it signifies is no easy task.  Easier, of course when the moment is pleasurable, though too easy then to slip into clinging to it's glorious memory.  At this very second my heart aches;  it is full with a sullen, melancholy vibrato.  Effulgent.  It will not last- yet, there is no way to speed it's passing.   And so I sit, feeling it thrum and pulse in my chest- a beautiful, sad song.  I will practice.  Reciting mantras in silence, because my voice is failing me, and observe my thoughts.  They blur and change and streak through my mind like storm clouds this night.  Mirroring the activities of the western skies. At any moment everything will shift and inspiration will transcend.  A boon.  A blessing.  A reminder of the extraordinary nature of mind and impermanence.  What a tidal wave reality appears as to the unawakened.

No comments:

Post a Comment