Monday, December 28, 2009

Rainy Days

I am still sick.  Nearly voiceless.  I have so much inspiration bubbling up, just aching to well and swell over with effulgent creative expression.  If only I had the energy to match it.  Painting, crocheting, maybe even learning a new needle-craft... seems limitless all I want to tackle.  Instead I am tackling this cough.

Chloe doesn't understand why I sound like a squeak toy (which is upsetting to her, in and of itself) and has problems understanding what it is I want of her.  Thank goodness we've taught her hand signals, too.  This afternoon she begged me to do something, anything, please please please! with her.  Well, I did need to go to the grocery store- I was nearly out of nasty cough medicine, and our poor piggles needed food.  It was a start.  The look on her little puppy face as I loaded her into my car was enough inspiration (despite the looming grey clouds that were beginning to splatter the windshield with ice-cold droplets) to agree to a brief trip to the beach.  Yes: in the rain, with a hacking cough and snuffly nose.  She was thrilled... bounding down the cliffside to our favorite spot of sand.  We shuffled, hopped, raced, danced and played together.  She grinned from ear to ear and knocked me down to roll in the wet sand together... truly, it was quite fun.  Eventually it was getting cold for both of us and although neither of us wanted to leave, Chloe was good about putting her leash back on and climbing the slippery slopes.

Now we are home, with the heater cranked, in layers.  She, in layers of towels, happily gnawing on a bone; I in layers of sweaters and blankets, curled up on the couch.

Maybe I'll reorganize the closet.  Or start a preliminary sketch for my next painting.  Or take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment