Friday, April 2, 2010

Chloe antics

Sometimes, more often than naught, I believe Chloe is not in fact a dog; merely stuck in a canine body.  I come to such conclusions when she offers her toys to the cat when the cat hisses spasmodically at her; saying with her eyebrows "I love you so, if only you could love me in return.... bone?  They really do make everything better."


Or when she cleans and licks her Pink Dragon, when she thinks I'm not looking, the way a child tends to her dolls with the utmost reverence and devotion.  I caught her placing a pink tennis ball at Pink Dragon's feet the other day, before sitting down beside said dragon, with her own yellow tennis ball plopped between her paws.  (Where is a camera when you need one? Exhibit A: she shares her toys with her toys... and stages them. Not normal doggie activity.)


Or how later, she gingerly placed Pink Dragon on my head, balancing her gently, then standing back to admire her handy-work, head cocked to the side approvingly.  Followed by the next day, gently draping her (pink) rope toy round my neck, feather boa-style, sitting back, head cocked apprasingly, tail wagging in delight.  


Pink is her favorite color, though I am erroneously and regularly told dogs are color blind.  She will always choose the pink toy over an identical one of a different color. Who ARE these people who decide how and what animals can or can't see?  Seriously?  


Chloe's newest, most favorite-st game is soccer with tennis balls, preferably two at the same time.  I get the yellow one, she gets the pink.  They must be quickly rolled across the living room so as to ricochet against the baseboard... this allots her something to not only chase after, but pounce on, kick, paddle and throw (yes, throw) back to me.  Repeat.  Endlessly and tirelessly.  With the hugest puppy grin.  Eventually she will tire, and then it is time to curl up with Pink Dragon and nap.


Right now she is seated beside me, reclining against a plethora of pillows, watching me type- and possibly checking for typos.  I prefer to do my own editing, but I do love her company while I'm writing, so long as she keeps her paws off of my laptop. 



No comments:

Post a Comment