Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Balloon Animals

I would brave a clown, to bring you balloon animals.  To see your face light up in childlike delight and smile like the first time I saw you.  It would be worth the pain.  Worth the fear.  Because your heart is more dear to me than most, I would be brave for you.

I would sit and wait, just to let you find me.  To watch you search and gain your footing with the same determination of lifetimes ago.  It would be worth the waiting.  Worth the fear.  Because your heart is more dear to me than most, I would wait for you.

I would let you love me, to bring peace to our souls.  To feel that sense of belonging reach through the earth, down through our toes.  It would be worth the vulnerability.  Worth the fear.  Because your heart is more dear to me than most, I would open up for you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment