Monday, March 29, 2010

Daffodils

I love it when it rains.. whether it's torrential downpours that staccato-tap on the roof and window panes or gentle, hazy drizzles that soften and refract the light and make everything softly shimmer.  It reminds me of being a little girl and tracing the water tracks on the bay window that I used to love to perch on- sometimes it was my play stage, sometimes it was my secret spot to be surrounded by glass and, thus by the outside world, without having to venture too far... just depended on which way I was facing.  I love the nostalgia combined with the cleansing, purifying sensation that inevitably comes with the sky opening.  The air is clean and fresh and vibrant with potentiality.  

My daffodils and narcissus just started poking their little green heads up; I'm hoping my tulips and other bulbs will soon follow suit.  They inspire me- their willingness to dig themselves out of the darkness, out of their safe, moist-soil wombs and expose themselves to the harsh light of reality; so they can share their innate natural beauty with the world.  Fearless.  I'm sure they love the rain too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment