Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sea Otters

Sometimes I feel like I live in an apartment.  Or a dorm.  Or a frat house.  I've only ever personally experienced one of those aforementioned, in a "live-in-sorta-way" - but I have a great imagination, and I think I know what it would be like.  No- not in the beer bottles and cans that seem to litter every flat surface-and-then-some, kind of way.... or in the toilet is so covered in uhck you're not sure if you should clean it, brush it or sledgehammer caution tape it, way either... but in the "really, are my neighbors bumping RAVE beats right now?  Did they not get the memo?  It's 2010 folks.  Pull your head out of the pot-closet and buy a flippin' calendar.  Also, it's Sunday.  It's 2:30 in the afternoon.  Rave beats?  Seriously?  Now??"

For clarity's sake:  I live in a lovely, quiet neighborhood (for the most part).  I live at the end of a cul-de-sac in a little cottage, that is in a row with four other little cottages.  Ours is yellow.  I'm not a fan of yellow, but I am discovering I am a fan of yellow cottages.  Who'da thunk?  I guess every color has it's proper place.  Or maybe I am color-maturing.  I'm not sure.  I live where neighbor-kitty Blossom jumps in your car when you open the door upon arriving home and looks at you inquisitively as if to say "I've been waiting for you to arrive and chauffer me about town!  What took you so long?  Off with her head!"  Then follows you inside your house as if she owns the place.  I live where neighbor-people send you cards when your Dad dies, and allow your rambunctious pup to play with their unimpressed labradoodle without question, because they know you just really need a break, and they think it's character building for their doggie.  It's a great spot.

What can I say?  My day is quickly degenerating into a huge case of the WTFs.  This is minor.  I get that.  But it's feeling huge.  And I'm still typing about it, and you know what?  The rave beats totally stopped.  Probably five or six sentences ago.  It's not even an issue anymore.  Now I'm just unnecessarily perturbed- and even began writing a second blog about why sea otters aren't all that...just to change the subject... but I stopped myself.  That right there is restraint, because really, sea otters *are* all that, and I think maybe that's what's got me so worked up today.  Damn sea otters.

No comments:

Post a Comment