Friday, April 9, 2010

An Ode to Claire

Today I just wanted to write a few choice words about my choice friend Claire.  She's marvelous in a way that makes you crave bruschetta.  She's just choice.  She's earthy-granola-crunchy in stilettos, with naturally cool-blonde hair (the kind that others pay way too much to unsuccessfully emulate).  She has a "thing" for dandelions, Danish-mid-century-modern furniture, 60's French films and Bump-Its.  We fantasize about what it would be like to be 70 and fabulous and wear kaftans and own too many pomeranians and drink martinis before getting out of bed while piling on the amethysts.  It's just what we do- when we're not fantasizing about bruschetta.  In other words, I heart Claire.

3 comments:

  1. You yourself are just too, too wonderful. Maybe my favourite part is how you say "the amethysts." No, not just ANY amethysts. IT's like they are so big they have NAMES, like Liz Taylor's diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps we *should* name them. I think it's only fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I heart you and Claire :)
    I do not know how I missed your blog at first, but I love. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete